The Circumcision Decision
Parents are entitled to medically accurate and non-biased information about circumcision. Christina recommends you explore all options while considering the following:
- The biological and sexual functions of the foreskin.
- The potential health benefits related to removal of the foreskin.
- The surgical risk.
- The complexity, cost and healing times of the procedure at different ages.
- The cultural and religious practices that may play a part in the decision making process.
- The rights of the child and the authority as parents.
Christina is neutral on this topic. You will never find her recommending or discouraging circumcision. She acknowledges that you, as parents, are the decision makers for your child and she believes you have the best interest of your child in mind, especially when making this circumcision decision.